The node red guide is a series of lectures designed to get you started with Node-RED. Starting from the very basics, it introduces you to how Node-RED works and how to get the most out of its built in nodes. Each lecture consists of a series of hands-on examples that take you from basic to intermediate Node-RED programming in easy to follow steps.
- Node-RED: Lecture 1 – A brief introduction to Node-RED This lecture will introduce you to some examples of Node-RED, both to give you a sense of its capabilities and to introduce its basic concepts. We’ll also discuss the history of Node-RED and its origins to give you an idea of what Node-RED is good for and of what types of tasks are best left to a more traditional programming language and environments.
- Node-RED: Lecture 3 – Basic nodes and flows In this lecture you will get to see a few of the more commonly used nodes and build on some of the things you learnt in previous lectures. You’ll start off with a series of examples based around the popular MQTT protocol that shows how to wire together a set of basic but very useful message processing nodes. Then you’ll briefly look at other ways to get messages into and out of your flows using protocols such as TCP, UDP and websockets.
- Node-RED: Lecture 4 – A tour of the core nodes This lecture will take a look at the core set of nodes that Node-RED installs by default and then show you the extended set of nodes that the cloud-based Node-RED service – FRED – supports.
- Node-RED: Lecture 6 – Intermediate flows This lecture will build on the ideas you saw in lecture 5 and focus on examples that explore some of the key concepts from that lecture. The examples in this lecture are a little more complex than previous examples – mainly in the sense that the function nodes are more complex – but are still kept as clean and simple as possible.
- Node-RED: Lecture 8 – Node-RED, the cloud and IoT platforms This lecture is not yet available, it will be posted…
- Node-RED: Lecture 9 – Advanced flows This lecture is not yet available, it will be posted…
About Sense Tecnic: Sense Tecnic Systems Inc have been building IoT applications and services since 2010. We provide these lectures, and FRED, cloud hosted Node-RED as a service to the community. We also offer a commercial version to our customers, as well as professional services. Learn more.